Friday, January 8, 2010

Soccer Drills - If coach his son? A rewarding experience or recipe for disaster?

In many junior sports clubs, coaching his son's dilemma is a matter of course. Generally not a large number of qualified coaches who are ready and available to coach the junior team. For this reason, the coach will often be a parent of a child in the team. There are a number of challenges that arise when the team of your own child sports coaching. Currently I am not the coach of my son and his football team, but has led to a number of yearsbefore this. When all goes well, the coaching your child can be a rewarding experience, but also the pitfalls that you should be aware.

In many cases, parents feel they have no choice but their own child's coach. Are you ready to do it (maybe!) No one is willing to do (maybe!), You'll Be There, however, and thus becomes a marriage of convenience. Unfortunately, like many marriages of convenience, there are dangers. So dohave another option? While it seems likely that you will end up in the management of sports teams and Childs have reservations about it, look around your club for other teams to see if there is another parent coach their child. Maybe you can swap teams, so coach their team and coach Childs your child. Perhaps we can exchange ideas and exercises and work together as a team coaching. This is a solution to the challenge of coaching your ownchild.

I coach my son's soccer team to a number of years. I always tried to treat it like any other player. Sometimes it was hard for him that I was only other players to show other parents that I was right, and I was not playing favorites with my son. You can treat the child like any other players? After all, in fact, not just another player, because they are the only team member who is your flesh and blood. Myson was angry because he thought I was too hard for him in comparison with other team members. It 'very important to be aware of the child in forming your own.

If you are going to coach his son I believe it is essential that you set groundrules before you start. In all the teams he coached, I always set groundrules at the start of every season that I expected from them in terms of commitment and behavior, and what you can expect from meback. When your child coaching, I think it's crucial to make this process alone, so there is a clear understanding from the outset what is expected. Allowing them to have input into the process. What are their fears and concerns? Are their teammates, giving them a hard time because Mom or Dad is the coach?

YOUR CHILD coaching can be a very rewarding experience. I also know that some successful coaches who have expressly avoided coachingown son. To do this successfully, you must set clear groundrules early in the season with your child and your team. If you leave it to chance you could probably do without a child or an unhappy team unhappy.

No comments: